Thursday, January 6, 2011

Confessions

I am wearing a business suit and carrying a mesh teether in my pocket, still wet from ice.

I am eating two-day-old stale falafel at my desk for breakfast. While drinking English Breakfast tea. This is consistent with the college’s latest diversity initiative, I am convinced.

I haven’t done diaper laundry since Saturday night, so I took five disposable diapers to daycare. And didn’t really care that much.

My daughter hasn’t been sleeping and therefore I haven’t been doing any online communication I can’t do from my phone in a minimal number of words filled with typographical errors. Therefore I didn’t realize a post that I had scheduled to publish actually hadn’t been posted, and instead saved to drafts. Blogger does this to me all the time. So I just backdated it. Dishonest, sure. Do I care? See above confession regarding disposable diapers.

However my singular focus on being prepared for classes next week is paying off – I should be totally prepared and have all documents except for quizzes and exams prepared and ready to go. My syllabus is 10 pages long. And my kid slept almost all night last night except for a brief interlude at 2 am (I used the rocking and music crutches. Then I couldn’t go back to sleep until after 4. I HATE THAT.)

If you're up for more confessions, stop by Our Mommyhood today.  There I confess two Mommy Must Have items that I really could not live without.  Go check it out.

I'll be back to my old bloggy self once classes get up and running.  In the meantime, I usually tweet when I'm awake in the middle of the night, so you'll still know what's going on with us :)

No comments: