Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dear Toddler

Thank you so much for helping me tonight with my tenure notebok.  This is an important document for Mommie, and it's due to be turned in tomorrow.  So when I got home tonight after not picking you up until almost 6, getting McD for dinner, and then pulling out the documents to continue working, you were so very helpful.

Getting caramel sauce from your Happy Meal apples on two of the pages will really help me keep them together.

Ripping out the middle page of a set of papers that really I wanted to keep stapled together, then writing all over it, will be incredibly endearing to my Division Chair and all the senior faculty in the department, I'm sure.

Laying a pile of wet baby wipes on top of a large stack of documents, making them damp and wrinkled had to be the best part of your "helping".

Thank you so much, baby!
Love, Mommie

--

Although I have to tell you all, having her next to me, writing and counting, as I was calculating percentages from my student evaluation numbers was the absolute highlight of my day.  The rest of the stuff is saved on a thumb drive and can be re-printed tomorrow.  The moment of her "working" next to me, repeating numbers and writing with "her" pen?  Made my whole day worthwhile.  And males the extra printing I have to do tomorrow worth it too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! You are a great mom!

Betsy said...

Don't you just love that kind of "help"? You definitely have the right attitude!

MookiePie said...

Love it all :)