Monday, March 14, 2011

The Great Car Cleanout

About a year ago, I tried to call attention to myself by posting a twitpic of some goldfish crackers spilled in my car, and tagging one of my blogging idols.  She had been talking about finding overripe bananas in her Loser Cruiser, and wanting to be liked by her, I thought she would find my pool of mushy goldfish crackers an offering of acceptance into her crowd.

Instead, she called me an amateur.  I was crushed.

(I am waaaaaay too lazy and busy to go back a year in twitter to link to the exchange.  You will have to take my word on it.  Or go back a year in twitter to find it yourself.)

So here we are, a year later.  My kid is a year older, I am a year busier.  (Wait, what?)  Anyway, so my car has been accumulating crap.  I managed to clean some of the crap out before adding more crap on a four-day spree we called a vacation.

Then my blogging idol?  Invented a messy car contest.  Okay, here we go.  I'm bound to get her attention now.  My car is a real trash bin right now.

So I decide to use the motivation to clean.  Also?  My dad would have to ride with us to the park and he wasn't going to sit on a case of water or ... how many times do you eat at McD, MommieV?

Here are some before shots:

This is a different angle from the previous photo.  Also, without the black work bag.  Because you know, I have to go to work sometimes.
I think the sleeve of that jacket sticks out the door when its closed.  I had someone honk at me on the interstate, and I think that's why.
Cheese.  Among other things.
Here are some after shots:

I didn't say it was totally clean, this was just after I'd worked on it for an hour.

In her reply tweet, DaMomma called me an amateur because the goldfish crackers weren't something that could rot.

Okay, Liz, are you ready?

There is stuff growing on my back seat:

And on the passenger floorboard:
This stuff is really fuzzy too.  I'm sure it can make penicillin or something.

Am I still an amateur now?

--

4 comments:

DaMomma said...

*SNIFF.

You have learned much, Young Padawan.

I laughed. Snorted inappropriately. Then I howled, and then I wept. Yes, yes, the mold was the best part. And the cheesy center console. Mama loves a cheesy center console.

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up.

When I saw the messy car contest the other day, I shrugged and said, "My car's messy, but not THAT messy."

Then I took Gunnar down there and started to buckle him into his car seat. First, a rotting plum fell out. Then, he started saying, "Cheese," and I realized there was a petrified string cheese on the seat beside him. When I moved it, I found a rotting apple.

I only regret that I didn't have my camera with me at the time. I so need to clean out my own car!

Laraf123 said...

I feel a hundred times better about my messy car now. Although, I'm a little sad at the sudden realization that I won't win the contest anytime soon.

Lori C. said...

I think I see a face in that last photo...I think you are growing some sort of car demon on your floorboard...Awesome!!!