Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ok, so I'm OCD about diapers. Whatever.

I've been making a list of the rest of the Cloth Diapering 101 posts that I want to do.  I'd already done a post on how to wash cloth diapers, but I thought I'd do a fun post about folding diapers.  Some mamas stuff all their pockets so they're ready when they need one, some mamas don't, and it's always a fun conversation.

Then today on Twitter I see that the Knickernappies blog has asked the question - do you fold your diaper laundry.  And they want photos of your folded diaper stash.

I had just taken a load of diaper laundry out of the dryer, so it was the perfect time to snap some photos of folding diaper laundry.  Then I could get a post ready for Monday, and ...

Oh, but wait.  The pictures would be in her room, and her room isn't very clean.  So first I'd have to get the diapers out of the dryer.  Then I'd have to sort them all (and take a photo to show) and then I'd have to stuff them all (and take a photo to show) and then I'd have to clean her room, and then I have to put all the diapers away, and then I have to take photos of how they're all put away...

Damn you Knickernappies blog, this is NOT how I was going to spend my Saturday afternoon!!!

But Monday you'll see lots of photos!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm experimenting with what I stuff Gunnar's diapers with, and right now I'm trying flat fold diapers. I have a GIANT stack of them on his bookcase. Seriously, they came out of the dryer about 8-feet high. Craziness.

MommieV said...

Oh, they get very fluffy! Some mamas refer to diaper shipments as "fluffy mail" and to little diapered behinds as "fluffy butts". I'm just really glad that his rash is better, that's the best reason of all to cloth diaper, in my opinion.

Sara said...

Um, my diapers are folded right now. But they've never been washed. And I'm only 16 wks pregnant. I'm sure in the future, the clean diapers and inserts will be dumped in a laundry basket like everything else!

MommieV said...

Yea, you do kindof have more time to have neat stacks of diapers before they come! :) You just end up doing whatever is easiest!