Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Thank You

A mama that I love, that I totally respect, that I think is awesome and amazing, wrote a blog post in response to my questions about extended breastfeeding. She is an amazing writer, and I just adore reading her work. Her fans are great folks too, and often have great things to add, so make sure to read the comments as well.

Thank you, Liz. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Once again you have made a difference in the life of a mama.

(OMG I hope she doesn't think I'm a crazy stalker fan. Just a fan. Crazy optional.)

I think the wee one knows that I wrote a blog post about my decision-making regarding continuing to nurse. She has been wanting to nurse every two hours all day. I actually think its because I didn't feed her as much food today. Since we're not "supposed" to be doing baby food purees anymore, but she doesn't really "eat" as much table food - especially when I let her self-feed - then I don't think she ate as much food today as she normally does.

So I might let the thing about purees go for now, and continue to feed them to her while transitioning to table food, because then maybe I won't be up at 1:30 in the morning having nursed her for the third time since we went to sleep :)

--

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I left this comment there (thought I'd leave it here for you, too!) :)

I love being an extended nurser- for both ME and baby. I nursed Gray until he was almost 3, and Ivy is 18 months, no signs of stopping. She asks for "na-NIP!" (no idea where she got that one) and I love it.

I have two older children that were only breastfed 13 months and my extended nursers are healthier and also eat a larger variety of foods. Go figure! :)

Steph

MommieV said...

I keep going back and reading the comments that folks are leaving on her post. I love the positive things that I've heard from moms that have "been there".

I'm glad to hear your extended nursers like a variety of foods. I am starting to think that by continuing to nurse, and getting milk as her primary source of some nutrients, that I can be more relaxed about her solids. That might in turn allow her to try different things without me forcing her to "eat" so she can get "bigger". Instead, I'll know the nursing is there and the food is for learning about right now.