Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dreading Monday and Its Still Only Sunday

I'm feeling overwhelmed today. I shouldn't be. I have gotten alot done this weekend. It's beautiful out. But I didn't get *enough* done. Enough to not feel overwhelmed.

Friday I went into work - usually I "work from home" on Friday, meaning I spend the day with my beautiful girl and we get very little done. But its close to the end of the semester and I'm quite behind on grading and getting ready for finals. So I took her to drop-in daycare and went to work.

Where my co-workers were feeling incredibly social since it was a beautiful Friday before a major event in the city, so the atmosphere was not one of getting much done.

Saturday the wee one and I fared better at home. We went to music class, got new glasses and contacts for mommy, installed the new (giant) carseat in the backseat of mommy's (tiny) car, and had a cookout at Nan and Grandpa's.

This morning was church, lunch at Nan and Grandpa's, and then Nan offered (thank you!) to watch Wee One while I managed to get the dishes done and the fridge cleaned out and then went to the grocery.

Meals this week will be:
Cheese Ravioli with Tomato and Basil Sauce
Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Tuna Noodle Casserole (yes, mom, with peas!)
Beer Brats and Kraut
Mexican Chicken Casserole

But my house is still a royal wreck, and I am still carrying around a tote bag of exams from last week that I need to grade. So despite how much I've managed to accomplish, it's not nearly where I need to be right about now.

So I'm starting the week off feeling stressed out, before Monday morning even starts to roll around.

Three more weeks. Three more weeks. Three more weeks...

--

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I spend every Sunday afternoon feeling overwhelmed and stressed about Monday. Probably due to my penchant for sloth on the weekends, making Monday even harder since I have both work AND clean up the giant mess the house turns into. Meh.