Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need to find a Derby hat for a one-year-old

(It's still hard for me to get my head around the fact that she's a one-year-old. I keep wanting to call her an infant.)

We live in the land of the Kentucky Derby. It's this weekend. There's alot of hoopla that goes on around here. I have to cancel Thursday afternoon classes because a parade goes right by campus and students wouldn't be able to get there - or leave.

We are not going to The Derby. We are, however, going to Churchill Downs for Mother's Day. And around here, at Churchill Downs in the Spring, a lady wears a hat.

I personally love this one:


But I'm looking for something for my daughter.

And I can't seem to find any kind of dressy hat for a toddler.

I can find all kinds of cotton bucket sunhats. We have some of those. I'm talking fancy woven hats with flowers and ribbons.

It almost doesn't even matter what color. We have two white dresses, a navy dress, a red dress, a peach dress, a pink dress. If someone sees something interesting, let me know a link.

Think the sunhat was hard to keep on at the zoo? Imagine a frilly tea hat with ribbons and flowers ... But it's Mother's Day, and that's all I want. My girl in a Derby Hat.

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

I just found your blog and am enjoying it! I hope you find a hat for your daughter and post photos!

Sara M. said...

You'll have better luck if you search for "infant Easter hat." Like this one!

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Girl-Reversible-Ruffle-Green/dp/B0037NZ69W/ref=pd_sbs_a_4