Here are the rules to the Versatile Blogger Award:
• Thank and link back to the person nice enough to give you the award
• Share seven things about yourself
• Pass the award along to seven other bloggers who you think are fabulous
• Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award
Seven things ...
Hmm. Seven interesting things? Or just seven things?
See, I'm pretty "out there", so it's hard to think of stuff that isn't already on the blog. And if it ain't on the blog, that probably means I'm not talking about it.
Ok, how about seven things about my Wee One!
No, it has to be about me????
1. I sometimes get writer's block when the pressure is on. Hence the above dialogue. Most of the time, it just flows out, and I have no idea where it comes from.
2. I had a dream about my Wee One before she came. She was afraid to come, but I told her I would take care of her.
3. I'm broke after my kitchen re-do, my bathroom re-do, and getting the kid decent fall/winter daycare clothes. It worries me to be broke. It's not just me now, but me-and-her. I have to start behaving like a grownup.
4. I don't feel like a grownup. Sometimes I feel like I'm 19 inside. Okay, maybe 27. But not 30-whatever-the-hell-I'm-going-to-be-in-January. My dad thought I was going to be 40. PAY ATTENTION DAD, that's three years from now.
5. My favorite color is blue. Periwinkle in the summer, Navy in the winter.
6. There are people who aren't in my life anymore that I miss. People from graduate school. People from where I used to live. I'm not good at keeping up with people.
7. I hate Halloween. See the earlier post for more details.
Now I have to nominate seven other bloggers. This is the annoying part. Why can't it be like one or two, like other "awards"? Ok, here goes.
Here are seven blogs that I really think you should check out.
1. Lesbian Dad. She's a pretty big blogger, so she might not do the "blog award" thing. She has amazing thoughts on gender identity, gay parenting, family diversity, and parenting/families in general. Even if she doesn't do the award thing, I'd like to take the opportunity to encourage you to read some of her stuff.
2. Funky Mama Bird. She's my editor at Our Mommyhood, so I have to
3. Serifm. Maybe if I send her this award, she'll write more on her blog, because I love reading her stuff. But then again, she is like 12 months pregnant, so she has a few more important things on her plate.
4. Candace. Has a really cute little boy, so go see him.
5. FruitFish. A mama in the making, and doing the dating thing again - more nerve than I have at the moment
6. Esperanza. It's amazing who you meet through IComLeavWe
7. Baby Time Bomb. Has a known donor, so I like following her story.