Thursday, October 28, 2010

Special

There's a woman in this world who knows me better than anyone.  She knows most of my secrets, she knows most of my hopes and dreams and desires.  She is at the other end of the phone anytime I call (except when her phone is dead and she can't find the charger.)

She has been through alot in the time that I have known her.  She's had some health issues.  She forgets things sometimes because she has had a few strokes.  Sometimes its annoying, but mostly it's fun because you can listen to how the story changes a little every time she tells it.

I've known her as long as I can remember.  She is the polar opposite of me.  She: social, outgoing, uncomfortable if there isn't someone around to talk to and laugh with.  Me: antisocial, reclusive, happiest when left alone to think.

So how did we end up together?

She's my momma, and I love her.  That's how.

And today is her birthday.  Happy Birthday Mom!!!







Also see the post on The Three Jo's and the wee one's Baptism for more great Nan photos!

7 comments:

Patti said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, my dear friend and one of the most giving person I have the pleasure of calling my friend! Love you ALL, Patti <3

Laraf123 said...

Happy Birthday, Grandma. I see you are holding a wonderful present!

Lori Reeder said...

Happy Happy Birthday, NAN!! Did you think we forgot? Not a chance! See ya after your breakfast date!

Miss Lori

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to the 1st of the Three Jo's! I hope you have a great year!

Esperanza said...

Happy Birthday Nan!

She looks like a VERY proud Nan indeed.

Thanks for sharing your amazing mother with us!

Serifm8 said...

Happy birthday!!!

Mom said...

You are my precious friend and daughter and I love you more and more every day!