I seem to be back on track with Cloth Tushie Tuesday (scary, I know!) Today is: Cloth Diaper Confessions! Come on, Mama, 'fess up!
Here are some cloth diapering confessions:
1. I have some regrets about the beginning of my cloth diapering journey. I regret not cloth diapering from the beginning. I know it's not a big deal, and it all worked out, but I still wish I'd tried harder to cloth diaper from the start. I regret only taking three diapers with me to her newborn photo session. (It was only supposed to last 45 minutes, I thought 3 was plenty). I ended up running out because she peed, then pooped, then peed and my mom urged me to change her. So I have photos of her in cloth and photos of her in sposies. I should have at least put the cover over the sposie so you couldn't see it. 18 months later I still think about these things.
2. I really love using prefolds and covers. That's what I prefer using at home. I don't know why - pockets are so much easier. But even with a ton of pockets around here for daycare, I'll even sometimes put her in a prefold and cover to take her to daycare in the morning, or change her into a prefold and cover when I get home.
3. I had two dozen too-small prefolds. I have a good friend about to deliver a baby. I had mentioned earlier that I would gift her my prefolds. But when it came time to do that ... I didn't want to. I compromised with myself and gave her half. They're too small for my wee one, I'm not planning another ANYTIME soon, why hang on to stained prefolds? And now what the heck is she going to do with only 12 prefolds? But I just couldn't talk myself into letting go of all of them.
4. Folding diaper laundry makes me feel like I've accomplished something that day. Occasionally it does feel like a chore, and I have sometimes let them sit a day. A load finished in the dryer on Sunday, and I didn't have the mental fortitude to deal with ANYTHING (did you see my venting post?). But then I came home on Monday, folded them, stuffed them, put them away, and I feel like I can conquer the world!
5. I covet diapers I don't need. There are new prints for the GroVia diapers (which is a repackaged version of the GroBaby which I hated.) I'm trying desperately not to buy one. Or several. What cute cute (two links) prints! Rump-a-rooz just came out with new prints (scroll down to eco-owl). And since people are buying alot of Thirsties Duo wraps, and not as many of their traditional diaper covers anymore, they just released two new prints in the sized covers (scroll down to see Baby Bird Lavendar). I keep thinking "one more cover isn't a bad thing." "$10 for a cover is okay, and I get free shipping." But that RaR is over $20 and the GroVia cover only is $17.
I think that's about all I need to confess to right now! Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest! If you have a post and want to link up, click below. Thanks for stopping by!