Thursday, August 19, 2010

Introducing the Newest Member of My Family and Other Updates

Dum-da-da-dum:






Yes, it works.  It makes ice, cools water (and everything else that I stopped at the store to buy on my way home) and everything else you'd expect it to do.  Yay!  I feel civilized again!  (And maybe my house will stop reeking of spoiled food.  One can always hope.)

Sleeping:  Do I dare?  I'll simply say that we seem to be getting into a routine for our days and our nights that seems to work for us.  *fingers crossed*

Potty:  I decided on the Baby Bjorn.  It (a) was at Target at the time I was buying, (b) looks easy to clean, and (c) was relatively cheap.  The first day I brought it home I set her on it with no diaper and she was clearly not comfortable with the hole in the seat below her.  The second day I set her on it while I was on the big potty, and distracted her with all the things in the bathroom that she's not really allowed to play with (Benadryl bottles and mommie's makeup).  I heard a tinkle, and I went wild with the praise, while she couldn't have cared less.  I think it will be good to get her used to sitting on it occasionally, even if she's not nearly ready for the real deal.


Signs: (damn, she's hard to photograph when she's waving her arms around trying to make a sign). She can now do "stars", "moon", "fish", and she's gotten "bird" pretty much perfected (no more finger up the nose).  She sortof does "sleep" (with one hand).  I think she enjoys knowing that she is making the sign for a word, because she always seems pretty proud of herself.  Either that, or she just likes to mimic the babies in the video.

What else?  The A/C was back on at work, I had a great first week of classes and I seem to like my job again, and I got a text message while cooking dinner that my new-old phone has been shipped.  Things are looking up around here :)

5 comments:

Laraf123 said...

What are the odds that the new fridge would come stocked with all your favorites? LOL
Maybe the new-old phone will arrive preprogrammed!

Betsy said...

Woo-hoo on the things turning around! Other than the Great Sweeping Toddler, I have had poop on my floor, two cloth diaper covers rip and a cat who keeps sitting on my art work and getting paint on her butt. Good times.

Maybe some of your awesome week will rub off on me!

Genkicat said...

Yay for the new fridge. Spoiled food is not fun!

Serifm8 said...

I LOVE that a finger up the nose means "bird." Maybe next time I give someone the bird in traffic (not that I ever have), it will be Caitlyn's version.

MookiePie said...

Oh my gosh I think I have the older version of your fridge--cause they look pretty much the same :)
I was going to get that bjorn potty for my niece, but decided to just stick her on the big potty and hold her (granted she's over at my house 14 hours a week max and she had already started training at her home). So I'll have to see how yours works out for niece #2 and eventually my own kiddo ;)
So glad that your a/c is working at work again! And that your phone is on its way--yah hoo!